Thursday, 2 October 2014

07: Refinement



I had a conversation with another lecturer today. During this we went over a lot of points about what this project could become and some of the directions it could take. It became apparent that I'm less interested about how an audience reacts to a design and its place in the story overall, but rather how the methodology of design could be changed to produce something more original. Of course with the end users opinion being part of the final critical reflection.

Analysis of existing designs and design methodology is an important part of this as-well as examining just why a lot of designs tend towards being humanoid. There's a lot of scope for exploring the sort of technology and culture some of these creatures may develop as-well, would they wear clothes? Would they even understand the concept of clothes? These are the kind of things I want to explore in the designs and in the research. 


No comments:

Post a Comment