Sunday, 28 September 2014

06: Abandoned Design


So the above image is a design that I am unhappy with. I feel like it could be a lot better than it in fact is. While I am pleased with the overall idea, I think that there is too much that could be improved, such as the locomotion of the creature and the exact design of its legs. Although I worked hard to make it look like the legs would work, I'm just not seeing it. As the design starts to fall apart towards the lower legs.

As this was an experiment in designing directly in ZBrush, I did not have any preliminary sketches beyond an idea of what I wanted it to look like. I feel like this was a mistake, along with some of the methods I was using to actually sculpt it.

The hellish, chunky designs of Doom 3, were the main inspiration behind this design. Although the main animal basis for the design was as a large quadrupedal crab-like creature. It changed a bit when the time came to start nailing down more of the smaller forms.



No comments:

Post a Comment