Saturday, 4 October 2014
08: Creature One
A bit of practice in ZBrush. This was more of a technical exercise to practice sculpting than anything else. Though I'm very pleased with some of the ideas that are going on in this sculpt, such as the weird leg/arms. Though I'm less pleased with the long "crutches" that the creature uses for balancing on. It was inspired by octopi, squids and other cephalopods which I kept coming back to as reference.
Overall I'm rather pleased with the this and I feel like its a good starting point for getting some creature work done.
I'm also currently in the process of developing a list of case studies to perform to illustrate some issues that I think there is with creature designs in a lot of sci-fi. From there it will allow me to develop a framework that I can use to analyse my own designs as-well as others, and aid me in coming to some more interesting places creatively.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment