Tuesday, 16 September 2014

00: Fields of Interest and Initial Thoughts

Adaptation and Augmentation.


Two key areas that I would like to study within this project. Areas that are important when it comes to designing any kind of creature or organism. Examining how nature itself produces animals that are suited to a specific environment and lifestyle is vital in understanding how to work aspects of this into your own designs. Of course this is important, it is the very reason that artists perform research and referencing before starting any project. 

What I am also interested in beyond this though though, is the study of technologies that exist to augment and enhance the abilities of a given creature. Be it the simple re-breather that allows humans to breathe underwater for extended periods. Or the complex mechanical exo-suit worn by the Cephalopoda-like aliens in the Crysis series that allows them to walk in an environment that they were not adapted to. A kind of artificial evolution if you will.


Currently I am unsure what the endpoint of this project will be, it will very likely change throughout the course of it as I look deeper into these subjects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment